Monday, October 19, 2020

Clouds and rocks

 

Clouds and Rocks ( 9.5"x 7")


Oil painting.  Havent done one in a while.  

This was a practice piece to warm up after such a long break before I launched into a larger commission piece.  It was based on photo reference but I changed up the sky a bit.  I streamed some of the painting on Twitch but the VOD is gone now I think.   The more I paint these the more relaisation that 80% of the work is done before the brush touches the surface.  With composition, paint mixing and stroke placement all decided.  The only thing that happens at the actual painting stage is the brush mark. Important too but not everything.  

This painting is for sale on Etsy

Still Here

  A year since my last post here but that does not mean I have forgotten.  I stop by from time to time and this still remains the most compr...