Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Bringing it home

Bringing it home
Bringing it home
A landscape just to practice some processes.  Used some lighting ideas from  The Windmill at Wijk by  Jacob Van Ruisdael.  Other than that I have been working on some oils but they are in different stages of completion.   

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Roboworg - Hearthstone Fanart


Roboworg

Roboworg - howl

Roboworg-process

Created a worgen character for Anton Zemskovs  Hearthstone challenge .  This was a reimagining of the unpowered steambot.  Amazingly managed to get this one submitted in time and had a bit of fun because everything was layered.  Need to get into After effects to do a better job.  Spent the rest of the time cleaning up all the other recent work with an eye to updating my portfolio.  Plans are now to work on some landscapes and  master studies. 

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Stream

stream
Stream 

sheep
Sheep
Went back to oil painting this week.  Had some mixed results.  I plan to continue and try a few different approaches rather than the direct mostly wet in wet method.  The sheep is a mixture of watercolour and gouache.  

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Clew Bay - Landscape Studies 15

Clew Bay
Clew bay 

Forest walk
Forest walk 

Snowy mountain 


Changed gear and returned to landscape studies.  These were from photos.  I used one brush and tried to use the same approach if I were doing them in oil.  Just to practice planning and process - big shapes and values. I am working in oils this week. 

I did finish off the characters for the Wild West Challenge. I will try and put some more work into presentation.  


Barman
Barman

Judge
Judge

Gunslinger grandma
Gunslinger grandma

Gunslinger
Gunslinger

sherif
Sheriff

Native American and bear
Native American and bear

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Wild West Characters

Wild West Challenge Line up 


The Artstation challenge finished yesterday.  Managed to work all 10 characters to some sort of finish.  I was in the process of building this image and my computer gave up under the strain.  It was quite a big file.  In hind sight I should have built it by flattening layers as I went along.  Anyway by the time I had realised what was wrong, shutdown and rebooted it was too late to meet deadline.  I was disappointed after all the work but the aim was to do alot of characters for a deadline and refine my process so I did achieve that.  I will polish the ones that need a little more love and post them on Artstation just to finish things out.   


  Outlaw 1 safe cracker
Outlaw 1 safe cracker

Outlaw 2 -robber
Outlaw 2 -robber

Townsfolk 1 dancer
Townsfolk 1 dancer 

Native American eagleer
Native American eagleer