Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Barn

Barn
Did an interior which I started as a photobash but ended up painting something completely different.  The limited pallet kept things simple.  Didn't want to render it beyond this.

This is prompted by a writing exercise from John Gardners book  “The Art of Fiction”.   It has the following brief - 

“Consider the following as a possible exercise in description.  Describe a barn as seen by a man whose son has just been killed in a war.  Do not mention the son, or war, or death.
I thought it was a good challenge for an environment. In essence it is what an environment should do - communicate the mood without the aid of the narrative.


Still Here

  A year since my last post here but that does not mean I have forgotten.  I stop by from time to time and this still remains the most compr...