Sunday, December 1, 2013

After John Singer Sargent Portrait of Sarah Choate Sears

After John Singer Sargent Portrait of Sarah Choate Sears

Did another masters study as part of the DA speed paint group.  This one I went a little over the 2 hour mark on partly because it was so much fun.  It was the first time I have had time to do any serious painting this week and I really missed it.  What is noticeable about this one was the detail was all in the face and hands all else was built from large bold brushwork and changing hue and value to suggest the form.  Great portrait. 

My effort things that jump out are - went astray with the proportions and did not reproduce the tones in the face.  May return to this to finish.  The painting process is on livestream


Still Here

  A year since my last post here but that does not mean I have forgotten.  I stop by from time to time and this still remains the most compr...