Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Belleek Forest Sunlight in Autumn Oil Painting




Belleek Forest Sunlight in Autumn


As I mentioned earlier I was working on a painting and finished it at the weekend. I was on holidays a few weeks ago and was walking my sisters dog in the local woods. I brought my camera to get some photos with some good brown leafyness. I did take a lot of those kinds of pics but just as I was leaving I turned and took just 2 shots of this scene. I thought it might end up being blown out - facing the sun but this was the one I selected to do some painting practice with. 





The canvas I had was a 20 x 20 cm canvas. Faced the same issue I had with my last painting. A landscape image on a square canvas.  On this one I dropped the detail at the sides.  

I drew the image on the  canvas  using a hard pencil then went to work blocking in the major shapes then left to dry overnight.  



Followed on by working on the foreground then left to dry overnight. 

The next day another few hours on the canopy.  



Then a couple of evenings pushing and pulling areas all over the canvas until I called it done.  All together maybe 10-12 h work.  
It was fun.  Most disappointing element were the tree trunks.  Should have worked on them earlier.  Next time...

3D model of an ebike

  Its been a while.   I have been working and practicing.  The latest personal project was modelling this ebike.  I wanted to do a more comp...